You have heard the old saying: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. The original version is a little different: An apple before going to bed makes the doctor beg his bread. Which is unpeeled organic apples have a great number of powerful antioxidant effects. Organic apples contain all the important health benefits right under the skin. A study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry showed that most of the healthful phytochemicals found in apples are concentrated in the apple peel rather than the body of the apple.
10 Extraordinary Ways to Use Apple Peels
1. Air freshener: Put apple peels and water in a pot, add some cinnamon and simmer on the stove. Moving right along to apple peels, in a study published recently in the American Chemical Societys journal Applied Materials & Interfaces, the NUS team doped the surface of the peels with zirconium oxides, which enhanced their ability to adsorb negatively charged pollutants in water. Nowadays, study found that the supercharged peels efficiently removed phosphate, aresenate, arsenite and chromate ions.
2. Clean aluminum cookware. Since the acid found in apple peels, you can clean aluminum cookware. Just put water in the pan, add apple peels, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
7. For Insomnia. Make an apple peel tincture for insomnia. Take apple peels of 2-3 apples and boil for 3-6 minutes. Drink it in the evening.
8. Weight Loss. An apple peel contains a waxy compound called ursolic acid, which aids in weight loss. This compound was found to help in weight loss by increasing muscle and burning fat.
9. To Purify Water. According to recent research, apple peels can remove a range of dissolved water pollutants through an adsorption process.
10. Make Apple Tea. You can make tea out of dried apple peels. It helps regulate blood sugar levels. It also works as a laxative and aids in digestion.
Article originally posted on LivingTraditionally.com republished with permission.